This picture was taken today on our way to Grand Junction. Man they sure do have some tough bugs here in Colorado. Some of them even hitch rides like on the movie Bees. We were going 75 mph, and all of the sudden a grasshopper lands on the windshield, it was there for a couple of minutes and then jumped off. I was just shocked that it didn't go splat. One time about 4 months ago, Austin told me about a bug (not sure what kind) that had hit his windshield but didn't die. He said that the bug did a few push ups on the windshield and then jumped off. I just can't believe that they live at such high speeds. Apparently the bugs out by where he works are really big, there is even a bug that barks like a dog. This is no lie, one landed on Austin and just sat and barked at him to warn him that it was there.

A couple of weeks ago, Austin decided that he wanted to go fishing early in the morning (which means that I don't go with him because I don't like to get up that early). These top two pictures are taken at 5:30 in the morning at Lake Avery (23 miles from our house). I am so glad that cell phones can take good pictures because sometimes that is all we have with us. It was such a beautiful morning that morning as you can see.

This next picture was also take with the cell phone. We were 5 feet from this deer if that. This buck was 1 block from our house. It is 2nd smallest out of the 6 bucks that live here in town. I love to see all the deer here, as long as we don't hit them. A few days ago I was walking and just happen to look to my left and there were 2 big bucks eating the fruit off of the tree in the yard right next to me. It startled me at first, but they are so use to people that nothing bothers them. I didn't have my camera with me that day, not even my cell phone so I didn't get pictures of them. On the days that I do take my camera with me, there are no deer. Last night I went for a walk without my camera, I forgot it and as soon as I realized I forgot it I knew that I would see a buck. Well, sure enough about 2 blocks from my house at the end of the walk there was a buck. I really do love the wildlife here, it is so great.



1 comments:
Fun Pictures! Wow that is a big buck!! Crazy! Love you guys :)
Post a Comment