Corbin Brad was born January 17th at 8:41 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs 0.7 oz. And he was 20 inches long. I went to my Doctor's appointment on Monday the 17th and asked what the odds were that Dr. King would induce me that day and the nurse told me slim to none. She said that they were already full over at the hospital. So I was kind of sad because I didn't want to go home and come back another day. I had already been having contractions on Saturday and Sunday. I was worried that I wouldn't make it back to the hospital in time, so that is why I wanted to be induced. The hospital was 2 hours away from where I live. The doctor came in and checked me said I was almost at a 4. Turned to the nurse and said that he was going to induce me. I was excited/nervous at that time. I was glad that I didn't have to wait another day in worry about making it to the hospital and Austin being home to take me.
So he induced me at 1 pm and told me to come back to the hospital at 3. So we walked around the mall for a little bit and then we took Spencer to my friend Kelly Ray's house. Kelly Ray offered to watch Spencer for us until my parents could come and get him. We didn't get back to the hospital until about 3:10. We got upstairs about 3:40, and then they hooked me up to the machines. I got an epidural about 5. My progression slowed down so they gave me some pitocin around 7:30 to speed things up again. I got to a 10 pretty quick and they called the doctor in. I pushed about 9 times and the doctors were talking about how to catch babies in different situations. Well, here came Corbin and they barely caught him. Austin said that Corbin's butt hit the table but he was fine. It was really funny to watch the doctor's reactions when they realized Corbin was coming. I had a really good experience, everything went really well. I was just really glad to have Corbin in my arms and healthy.
My mom, dad and sister Camille came to Grand Junction and stayed for 2 days in a Hotel and watched Spencer for us. Austin's mom and dad surprised us by coming to the hospital. We didn't think that they were going to come. We had a lot of support and love while we were there.
So he induced me at 1 pm and told me to come back to the hospital at 3. So we walked around the mall for a little bit and then we took Spencer to my friend Kelly Ray's house. Kelly Ray offered to watch Spencer for us until my parents could come and get him. We didn't get back to the hospital until about 3:10. We got upstairs about 3:40, and then they hooked me up to the machines. I got an epidural about 5. My progression slowed down so they gave me some pitocin around 7:30 to speed things up again. I got to a 10 pretty quick and they called the doctor in. I pushed about 9 times and the doctors were talking about how to catch babies in different situations. Well, here came Corbin and they barely caught him. Austin said that Corbin's butt hit the table but he was fine. It was really funny to watch the doctor's reactions when they realized Corbin was coming. I had a really good experience, everything went really well. I was just really glad to have Corbin in my arms and healthy.
My mom, dad and sister Camille came to Grand Junction and stayed for 2 days in a Hotel and watched Spencer for us. Austin's mom and dad surprised us by coming to the hospital. We didn't think that they were going to come. We had a lot of support and love while we were there.



4 comments:
I'm sooooo glad they caught him too. Don't want another of my newborn nephews landing on the floor at birth. Such a cutie. It was good to see you guys. Love ya.
Congrats on the baby! He's such a cutie! I'm glad everything went well!
I was a great surprize...wasn't it!?! You have some beautiful boys! Love to all.
He's adorable! I can't wait until we get to meet him :)
Post a Comment