Saturday, January 16, 2010

Prayer!

Tonight Spencer did the cutest thing, I was so excited to see him do it. I was making him dinner and all of the sudden I heard him say Heavenly Father. I looked down and he was folding his arms and closing his eyes, he was saying a blessing on the food. After he said Heavenly Father he paused so I helped him I told him to say bless the food and he did then he said Amen. It was just so great to see him want to bless the food. That is the first time that he has ever started a prayer by himself, I hadn't even asked him for help, he just started praying. So tonight for family prayer I wanted Austin to see and hear Spencer pray, so I asked him to pray. He did the same thing, he folded his arms and said Heavenly Father and then paused for more help. It was just so cute, I love him so much. I am glad that Austin and I can be such a good example to him. It's amazing what they learn from you just by watching and listening.

5 comments:

Camille Heidbrink said...

SO Cute!!!! I'm so excited to see you guys!!! Love you!

KayC. said...

Keep up the good example and you will teach him more than you will ever beleive! Love to all, I wish I was there to see him but I can imagine him folding his arms and bowing is head, so cute!

Nichole said...

To cute. I love when they start to pray. So adorable. I am excited to see you guys this weekend. Without my kids !!!! yeah for me :) Plus I can actually help move stuff for once ;)

Nichole said...

Hey Sheri!! Glad you liked the pictures. Hey is KayC Austin's mom? She commented on the pictures but I wasn't sure :) She want some copies of the picts so you will have to get her some :) when you get the cd!

The Butler Family said...

Yah KayC is Austin's mom. I will send her some pictures when I get the CD. I am so excited to get that CD all the pictures are just great. You are amazing at taking pictures.