Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Spencer!

Happy Birthday to my little Spencer. I can't believe that he is 2 years old, man how the time flies. He is such a blessing in our lives, we just love him so much. He is so much fun to play with and to teach. It's amazing how he will copy and say the same things that we say and do. We had such a fun day today and for the past week. We have pretty much been celebrating his birthday all week because Austin has been off for the past week. We had a lot of fun today, it first started with Spencer coming and waking us up at 9 in the morning. He actually slept the whole night last night, it was so nice. We sang Happy Birthday to him and he just kept telling us no, it was pretty funny and cute. He wasn't sure what was going on, or what that meant. I am pretty sure that he knows what birthday means now. While he was in our bedroom he got a hold of the Squishy's (ear plugs) and Austin game him two of them, he loves to squish them. We had birthday pancakes, especially since Spencer really loves them, I mean the day is all about him right. Around 1 we went to Craig and ate at McDonald's, Spencer loved it. I asked him where he wanted to sit and he took me to the play room. That was the first time that he had ever played in there, he loved it. I wish that they would have had one like that when I was a kid. Instead of the ball pit they had a ball room, which had basketball hoops and holes in the wall to throw the balls in and they came out at the bottom. Austin and I played with Spencer in the for like 20 minutes or so. I took Spencer up to the slide once (he couldn't make it all the way by himself) he loved the slide, we had a blast at McDonald's. After McDonald's we went shopping and ended up buying Spencer more stuff, just for fun not for his birthday. He was pretty spoiled this year but thats okay, he is way worth it. We love him so much. After we got home from Craig I made his cake and Austin made dinner. He made Spaghetti, Spencer loves to eat the noodles. After dinner we got on the web cam with my mom and dad and they watched Spencer open up all of his presents and watched him blow out the candle on the cake. They also sang Happy Birthday to him, they weren't able to come up this year to celebrate so we improvised. I love technology, it was like they were actually there with us. Spencer had a great day today. Happy Birthday Spencer, we love you!!! Sorry, some of the video's are blurry.



Squishy's!!



Birthday Pancakes!! Yummy!!



Happy Birthday!!




Tractor and trailer with horse, cow, pig, and lamb from Austin and I. He couldn't wait to open presents anymore so he just tore in to this one when I wasn't watching, it was so cute.





Clothes from Austin and I, he also got the outfit that he is wearing in the pictures. I let him open that present this morning so he would have something new to wear.

Clothes from my mom and dad, it was a Lightning McQueen outfit. Levi's, Jacket and a long sleeve shirt, it is so cute. Spencer loves Lightning McQueen.





This present was so funny, it is a dog that rolls on the floor and laughs, it is hilarious. It scared Spencer, but he started to laugh when he realized that the dog was laughing.




More clothes from Austin and I.


Leap Frog Alphabet Magnet, it goes on the fridge. It was his all time favorite toy that he got today. He loves to sing that alphabet song and to learn the letters. Thanks mom and dad.











Spencer got this monster truck from Austin and I, he loves trucks, cars and tractors.


This ball is pretty cool, Spencer didn't know what to think about it at first because it is hairy? As soon as he saw the lights flash in it, he thought that it was cool.




Spencer's Car's birthday cake, before (top) and after (bottom). He started to drive the tractors through the cake, it was funny. Then I gave him a fork and he just sat and played with the icing and the cake. The only part of the cake that he ate was the sprinkles that I used for the fence. He did the same thing last year, he only wanted the sprinkles.









Spencer's first Mater, that he got off the cake, and Frank. I know that Frank is really red in the show but we couldn't find a red one, so me used a green one. He loved the cake mainly for the tractors and cars on top of it. This picture looks like he is crying but I actually took the picture right in the middle of him winking and saying cheese.

He also got a birthday card from his Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Piquet with 5 dollars in it to go into his savings account.

I think that Spencer had a great day, he feel asleep pretty quickly, he actually fell asleep playing with his toys on his bed.


4 comments:

Camille Heidbrink said...

SOOOO Cute! It looks like you guys had FUN! :)

Nichole said...

Oh my gosh. So funny. Man it looked like Christmas!! What a lucky boy. I really am sorry about not getting ours there in time. I will send it soon. I love the cake. Looks a lot like the one I did at Triston's 2nd birthday. Funny. Love ya

KayC. said...

Looks like that he had a great birthday! Wish we could have been there to share in the fun. Thanks for posting all the great pictures and videos, we enjoyed them! Love to all

KayC. said...

me again...forgot to tell you that I love your banner picture and background!